Event Duration: 10 February - 28 February 2021
You can read the official notice for the event here!
In order to participate in this event, you must be at least AR23, and have completed Xiao's story quest "Alatus Chapter". During this event, "Alatus Chapter" will not require a Story Key to accept.
The event will have 3 quests that are time locked during the event, all running until the 28th February:
- The Origin of the Lanterns - unlocks 10th February
- Currents Deep Beneath the Lanterns - unlocks 14th February
- Light Upon the Sea - unlocks 18th February
Within Lantern Rite there are sub-events; Lantern Rite Tales, Theater Mechanicus, Xiao Market, and Stand by Me. The criteria for each event are as follows.
Lantern Rite Tales
Complete the quests in "Lantern Rite Tales" to earn Primogems and increase the Festive Fever measurement. Festive Fever is needed to unlock rewards and further parts of the event.
- Lantern Rite Tales I: Complete the above quest "The Origin of the Lanterns" to unlock.
- Lantern Rite Tales II: Need to have reached the Festive Fever level of "Glow of a Thousand Lanterns", have completed the questline "Currents Deep Beneath the Lanterns" which unlocks on 14th February, and have completed all quests from "Lantern Rite Tales I".
- Lantern Rite Tales III: Need to have reached the Festive Fever level of "Glow of a Thousand Lanterns", have completed the questline "Light Upon the Sea" which unlocks on 18th February, and have completed all quests from "Lantern Rite Tales II".
You need to have completed the quests "The Origin of the Lanterns" and "Liyue: Theater Mechanicus" to unlock this minigame. The levels can be attempted in Single Player, or as a 2 member Co-op party.
Each attempt at Theater Mechanicus costs 1 Xiao Lantern, which will be consumed whether or not you are successful. Xiao lanterns can be crafted using plants, ores, and monster drops.
As you progress through the Lantern Rite Festive Fever levels, you will unlock new maps, new mechanici, higher upgrade levels, and higher difficulty levels, as well as new Theater Mechanicus challenges. If you complete the challenges you'll win Peace Talismans which you can spend at the Xiao Market.
Here you can spend the Peace Talismans earned from Theater Mechanicus to receive the following rewards:
- Hero's Wit
- Mystic Enhancement Ore
- Character Level-Up Materials
- Talent Level-Up Materials
- Crown of Insight
- The namecard style "Celebration: Lantern-Light"
Stand by Me
Once you've reached the Festival Fever stage "Glow of a Thousand Lanterns" and have spent 1,000 Peace Talismans in Stand by Me to receive one of the following 4* Characters: